Children are important to the community of faith at St. Luke’s. We take seriously the Sacrament of Baptism and pledge to nurture our children in the Christian faith toward a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. The Children’s Ministries are designed to help children know that they are loved by God and belong to a parish family that loves and supports them.
Godly Play Schedule for Children
9:15 am – Children (accompanied by parents if appropriate) go to the upstairs classrooms at the north end of the building for Godly Play class.
10:15 am – Children join their parents for the 10:30 am service.
The Godly Play curriculum engages what is most exciting about religious education: God inviting us into—and pursuing us in the midst of—Scripture and spiritual experience. Godly Play practice nurtures children to listen for God and to make authentic and creative responses to God’s call in their lives.
- Godly Play is a creative, imaginative approach to Christian formation and spiritual guidance.
- Godly Play has a foundation of 40+ years of research and practice.
- Godly Play values process, openness, discovery, community and relationships.
- Godly Play models the worship life, stories, symbols and rituals of Christian congregations.
- Godly Play allows children to make relevant and personal theological meaning.
- Godly Play nurtures children to larger dimensions of belief and faith through wondering and play.