St. Luke’s supports the work of the diocese by devoting a portion of its annual budget to the Diocese of Oklahoma and its outreach efforts around the state. In addition, St. Luke’s clergy and laypersons serve on diocesan boards, commissions and committees.
Some of the good works of the Oklahoma Diocese include:
- Campus ministries at six state universities.
- Native American ministries based in Watonga, OK.
- Prison ministries for incarcerated Oklahomans.
- Altered, an Episcopal young adult retreat.
- The Ministry through Education program.
- St. Crispin’s Camp for children’s summer camp, and for youth and adult retreats and conferences.
- Oklahoma Cursillo, a movement within the Episcopal Church to help members grow in faith and spirituality.
In the USA and around the globe
A portion of St. Luke’s annual budget also goes to support the work of the greater family of Episcopalians in the United States and around the world. Through the Episcopal Church, St. Luke’s members are able reach out to our fellow human beings in need, regardless of their religious background, ethnicity or gender identity.
Here are a few of the mission and outreach efforts of the Episcopal Church. Click on these links to find out more: